Benzema: When I saw Cristiano Ronaldo pick up the Ballon d'Or, I thought I could win it too

Real Madrid striker Benzema hopes to win the Ballon d’Or of 2021.

Real Madrid is trying their best with its campaign to fully support Karim Benzema to win the Ballon d’Or award of 2021. Karim Benzema admitted himself that when I saw my former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo consistently winning the Ballon d’Or. I thought I can win it too.

Fans can buy Barcelona vs Real Madrid Tickets from our website.

Karim Benzema

Benzema played the most tremendous soccer games of his career this year. Carrying Los Merengues at times, and he is a good competitor of Robert Lewandoski who people are considering their favorite to win Ballon d’Or this year.

"It has always been my goal, I have always had it in my mind, when Cristiano Ronaldo won it, I thought I could win it too," Benzema explained during an interview.

"I can say that I have never been so close to winning it thanks to my performances, because of what I've done here in the last three or four years.

"I'm not that far away."

The upcoming El Clasico this Sunday 24 October, will be the first El Clasico since Lionel Messi left Barcelona. By Messi leaving Barcelona, an era of Ronaldo/Messi bitter rivalry of the game has come to an end. Benzema says that it doesn’t matter it’s the game of two clubs, many players come and go but rivalry makes it the biggest club football match in the world.

"Before Cristiano and Messi there was [Zinedine] Zidane and Ronaldinho. Players change but Real Madrid vs. Barcelona will always be Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, no matter who participates."

Benzema has been credited with hitting his peak much later than a lot of his contemporaries, and he puts this down to being fit.

Physically, I feel good, the more time passes then the better I feel," he continued

"It's largely about the experience and since I turned 30, invisible work.

"Everything you do after training when you go home, its seriousness, professionalism, you have to learn to enjoy every bit of work, not just that which happens on the pitch."

Eticketing.co is the best website to buy football tickets. Fans can buy El Clasico Tickets from our website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel