rwc 2023 tickets: Argentine Muller considers US transfer for World Cup a dream

Brive's Argentine winger Axel Muller said this week he hopes to take advantage of the recent changes in his eligibility to represent the United States in the Rugby World Cup 2023. Rugby Fans can buy Rugby World Cup 2023 Tickets from our website.

In November, World Rugby changed its rules to allow players to represent two countries if they claim to have credible ties to the country (such as place of birth, family ties or cumulative residence).

Argentine Axel Muller considers US transfer for World Cup a 'dream'
 Argentine Axel Muller considers US transfer for World Cup a dream 

The 28-year-old Muller played in the 2016 Olympics for Argentina's seven-a-side team but spent ten years of his youth in Arizona.

“I know rugby is about competing in the Rugby World Cup, I've had a dream since I was a kid,” Muller told AFP on Wednesday.

"I feel the same for Argentines as I do for Americans having lived there for ten years.

"I have dual citizenship. If the rules are there, I have the right to use it for the United States," he added.

After losing to Britain's last silver medalist in the quarter-finals in Rio, Muller opted to sign a contract with French club Toulon rather than continue participating in shorter matches for Argentina.

In the five years since he scored 20 tries in 100 club games for Toulon, Oyonnax and now Brive, he claimed Argentina's Rugby Federation prevented him from playing for the Cougars.

"I've decided to prioritize my future throughout my career," Muller said.

"The Confederation did not like me to leave. Since then, even if I was selected by the coach, the Confederation was not happy," he added.

'Delicate' Brive

This Saturday, due to coronavirus restrictions, Muller will focus on hosting the top 14 leaders Bordeaux-Begles into the first round of the season. The number of competitions is reduced and the Stade Amedee-Domenech, which can accommodate 16,000 people. 5,000 people participate.

Muller will focus on hosting the top 14 leaders Bordeaux-Begles into the first round of the season
Muller will focus on hosting the top 14 leaders Bordeaux-Begles into the first round of the season

The 1997 European champions lost to Pau last weekend, two points higher than the relegation play-off position, but lost only once at home this season.

Muller said: "I think the most important thing is that we can have as many supporters as possible."

"We are in a slightly subtle time for the club and Covid. We have to stay nervous, we are fighting for our future," he added.

Elsewhere, Fiji winger Waisea Nayacalevu brought Stade Francais to Castres and the 31-year-old confirmed this week that he had not been vaccinated.

If the French upper house passes a bill requiring full vaccination to enjoy the basic parts of life, such as entering a stadium, Nayacalevu could be banned from competition after January 15.

"I chose not to get vaccinated because I don't believe in that shit," he told AFP on Wednesday

“What's happening around the world, even if you're vaccinated, you can still get Covid and spread it?

"If the government agrees and changes the law, I will have to get vaccinated this is the worst-case situation for me, I will have to get vaccinated. It's the last option on my mind," he added.

Eticketing.co is the best website for all sports and Rugby World Cup Tickets. The Rugby fans can buy rwc 2023 tickets from our website at exclusively discountable prices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel