Germany Football World Cup 2022 chances and more

Timo Werner told bundesliga.com on his return to RB Leipzig that after two seasons with Premier League club Chelsea, he thought it was perfectly right to return to RB Leipzig. Werner, 26, won the 2020/21 Champions League in London but seized the opportunity to return to Leipzig, where he holds the club record for most goals in 161 appearances. 96 goals). Qatar FIFA World Cup fans to buy Spain Vs Germany Tickets from our website.

Bundesliga.com spoke with the German forward to discuss his return, past experiences, future goals and ambitions for the FIFA World Cup 2022.

Timo Werner told bundesliga.com on his return to RB Leipzig
Timo Werner told bundesliga.com on his return to RB Leipzig

How good is it to be in Leipzig again? Can you take us into your expressive world?

Timo Werner: "Yes, of course, I think that going back to Leipzig is very special for me. I know that a lot of people are here for another two years. It feels a bit like coming home. For the last two weeks now, here, with the players have had a lot of fun with the new coaching team. All in all, it was a very good two weeks."

Which player were you most looking forward to sight?

Werner: "He's still there, I still have a friend on the team, Konrad Laimer. One of my best friends. I'm really happy to play with him. There are others on the team. Man, I've been in touch with them already for two years in the past.

It was nice to see them again and work with them again. Also the city. I've known people from the city for five or six years and they've all become my good friends. Nice to see them again and hopefully more often now. "

When you think back to your first visit to Leipzig, what is the most memorable moment for you? What RB moment made you ecstatic?

Werner: "Oh, it's hard to say, because in the four years I've been here, we've had a lot of special moments. We've come out of the Bundesliga. We are in our first year in the Champions League "We are like - I don't know how to say - [fall] champions? If you can say that. We had very special moments, like in the Champions League semi-final against Tottenham.

Werner said, 'I want to win the Champions League with Leipzig'
Werner said, 'I want to win the Champions League with Leipzig'

Unfortunately, I can't play this, but it was "not one particular moment, but several moments over four years. This is also a reason because my time here always leaves good memories in the back of my mind. This is the main reason why I decided to come to Leipzig again.” Qatar World Cup 2022 fans to buy Costa Rica Vs Germany Tickets from our website.

You won the Champions League with Chelsea and you have definitely matured as a person and an athlete during your time in England. Do you think the "new Timo Werner" can do better than the 2020 Timo Werner?

Werner: "Of course more titles than when I left. Of course, I'm getting older. I played in the Premier League for two years. I think living in another country is also something special for me. Being new people, a different culture. It helped me a lot growing up. Grow as a person. Don't be this little boy from Leipzig, 22 or 23, 24. Becoming someone with a lot of experience in the past years. In a good way and in a bad way.

The main thing is to learn another language. I can now speak English. Not very good, but good English. It's OK. It's important to me, but it's also important. We have won the Champions League. I don't think you can win a more special trophy than this one. Ultimately, the past two years have made me a better player, and a more mature person. "

What are your goals at Leipzig this season and in the future?

Werner: "I think it's a bit too much to come here and say 'I want to win the Champions League with Leipzig', but we have a very good team. We can play a little bit in every game."

Admittedly, it hasn't been the best start to the season so far, but I think we can still do well in the league. After three games nothing was lost, but now we have to win. Also in the cup, last year they won the title, so we are also one of the favourites in the cup.

Werner of course, being the club's top scorer is something special for me
Werner of course, being the club's top scorer is something special for me

Hopefully, we can continue like last year. In the Champions League, it is of course difficult. You have to be lucky to draw. This is the first. We were also a bit lucky when we won the Champions League with Chelsea. There was an easy group and a few games that weren't the best team at the time. You need a bit of luck, but in two games we were a very good team. We can play well at a high level and I think we can pose a very dangerous threat to other teams. "

You are the record scorer of RB Leipzig! Of course, you also have certain expectations when you come back. How do you deal with that? How do you feel?

Werner: "Such a big club I mean, of course, being the club's top scorer is something special for me. It's not pressuring. It's more of a pleasure to continue, how I ended." Qatar Football World Cup fans can buy Germany Football World Cup Tickets from our website.

Hit even more goals and expand that record. It's not pressured, it's a goal. Which I love to do because scoring goals is what I love to do. Something all strikers like to do. I want to continue and even improve this record. "

Now that Robert Lewandowski has left the competition, there is of course no longer a permanent subscription to the archers' crown. How do you see your chances of winning this prize? Maybe that's one of your goals too?

Werner: "What do you mean by 'chance'? I think every striker wants to score as many goals as possible. With Lewandowski's move, it might be easier now to win this trophy, but in the end, we are there. Strikers in the Bundesliga, we have so many good teams.

Werner say, I think every striker wants to score as many goals as possible
Werner says I think every striker wants to score as many goals as possible

In the two years since I left, it seems to me that teams are scoring more and more goals in matches. More and more goal scorers, so it's still very difficult. Me, as a striker, I want to score as many goals as possible. If I get this goal or this trophy it will be a great thing for me but I'm not the main goal saying I want to win this season.

I came here to spend the last two years. I think it's an exaggeration to come here and say 'I want to win this, but you have to keep that in mind, otherwise, you're not a good striker. "

The Bundesliga's first goal came soon after you arrived. What were your thoughts afterwards? To what extent is this special to you?

Werner: "A good start to the course. When I came here and scored in my first game, my first goal at my old club relieved some pressure, because after I came here, the pressure was great. From the media and the outside world, from the team, it's a big thing for me but it seems to be the case for everyone so the pressure is very high I’m not happy but I think at the time it was a great way to relieve stress.”

Eticketing.co is the best website for all sports and Qatar World Cup fans can buy Football World Cup Tickets from our website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel