British Open Tickets: Paul Dunne’s big goal for 2022 is qualifying for return of the old course in the 150th British Open championship

Paul Dunne has had a nightmare of injuries for two years, but even if he doesn’t make it back to St Andrew’s this week at the Joburg Open for the 150th British Open Championship, he firmly believes he can one day lift Claret Jug. The British Open fans can buy British Open Tickets from our website.

The Greystones star (28 years old) led the British Open to the final round as an amateur on the old course in 2015, but he painfully slipped and finished 30th in a tight competition with 78 strokes in the final round.

Paul Dunne’s big task for 2022 is qualifying for return of the old course in the 150th British Open
Paul Dunne’s big task for 2022 is qualifying for return of the old course in the 150th British Open

“The last nine holes aren’t pleasant, but the whole week has been a great learning experience for me,” he told “The Open” podcast. “But there is still a little thing in my head, I hope I can go again.”

Next year from July 14-17, the 150th British Open Championship will return to the old stadium for the historic match 150. Dunne could break into the top 10 this week and achieve a draw, thus returning to court.

“I know I can play well there, I want to qualify for the British Open every year,” he said. “In St Andrews, especially for me, Every time I play St Andrews, I play well.

“I love golf courses; it suits my eyes and it works to my advantage. This is definitely a motivating factor. Getting there is a big goal for next year.”

The problem is that after hand surgery in late 2019. He developed so many bad swing habits that his world ranking dropped to 1,783.

When the new DP World Tour season started today in Johannesburg. He also dropped far in the European Tour rankings and has to do everything he can.

“But I think I started to understand what needed to be done to fix it. Experience all this made me develop some very bad habits,” Dunne explained. “I started to see improvement, so it was very exciting.”

Dunne could break into the top 10 this week and achieve a draw
Dunne could break into the top 10 this week and achieve a draw

Dunne joined Jonathan Caldwell, Niall Kearney, and Cormac Sharvin at Firethorn Course in Randpark’s and went out of the top 10 for two and a half years.

But when he returned to the British Open and resumed his 61-stroke win over Rory McIlroy with three shots to heighten the idea of the 2017 British Masters, he let him move on.

“I really feel that my mind, my game, is in a good position in every competition I participate in, and I’m trying to rebuild my career and surpass my record in 2017-2018,” he said.

When asked if he thinks he can ever win the British Open, he said: “Of course I can. If I don’t do this (think so), I won’t enter the competition.

“I’m very modest. I’d like someone to say, ‘I bet you can’t do this.’ It kind of pushes my button. If I play well, I’ll thrive in this feeling.”

Eticketing.co is the best website for all Golf Events and British Open Tickets. The British Open fans can buy British Open 2022 Tickets from our website at exclusively discountable prices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel