Peter Fleming: I would put Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic beyond Andy Murray at Wimbledon 2022

Former British doubles star Peter Fleming believes Andy Murray will remain a threat on the grass. But adds he doesn’t think the three-time Grand Slam champion is the top favourite for the Wimbledon title. Murray, 35, has not won any Grand Slam titles since Wimbledon in 2016. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets from our website.

Murray started his grass season by reaching the final in Stuttgart, and it’s no secret that he wants to do well at Wimbledon. Peter Fleming, a former BBC commentator, cited Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Matteo Berrettini as more likely to win Wimbledon.

Peter Fleming believes Andy Murray will remain a threat on the grass
Peter Fleming believes Andy Murray will remain a threat on the grass

“I think Andy is a dangerous man, he’s definitely the type of guy that nobody wants to play, but expecting him to win seven games and two out of five is a lot to ask at the moment, don’t you think?” said Peter Fleming.

“I would put Novak Djokovic over him, and if Rafael Nadal played, he would play. I wouldn’t put him over Matteo Berrettini.”

Peter Fleming: Nobody wants to play Andy Murray

Murray will not be seeded at Wimbledon, and Peter Fleming believes no player will want to meet the two-time Wimbledon champion sooner.

“I don’t think it matters whether he’s seeded or not because he’s played in all these games and he should be good in the first round,” Peter Fleming added. First-round nobody wants to do that.

“No one will want to play against him, so if he wins that game because he is expected to beat a lot of the seeds, he is now in the seed lottery. If you go deep, at some point you have to beat a seed.”

Murray has not achieved anything in a Grand Slam tournament since reaching the quarter-finals of Wimbledon in 2017. It remains to be seen how far Murray can get at Wimbledon this year.

Nadal preparing for Wimbledon 2022: ‘I’m looking forward to it’

Rafael Nadal created another wonderful chapter to add to his saga at Roland Garros, where he won another Grand Slam title and lifted his record in men’s singles to 22 Grand Slams. The Manacor native returned to the Mallorca Country Club course this week, the venue for next week’s Mallorca Championship.

Pepper stone’s first player in the ATP match in Turin is back on the grass to test himself after a foot treatment for Wimbledon.

The plan for the Balearics is to travel to London on Monday to prepare for their third Grand Slam of the year. He also pointed out that he is on the momentum that would serve him perfectly for an event of this magnitude. He has a record of 30-3 until 2022. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Final Tickets from our website.

Rafael Nadal preparing for Wimbledon 2022
Rafael Nadal preparing for Wimbledon 2022

“I am very happy. I did not limp for a week and the development of the training sessions is progressing,” said the Spaniard. “Every day the pain is different, that is progress. I will have to wait a little longer. My intention is to try to play Wimbledon and this week I am telling myself I have a chance.”

Rafael Nadal says about fitness

“I’ve had two treatments as planned. So far, in my opinion, the progress has been satisfactory,” he added of his treatment last week.

However, Nadal was cautious, adding: “I am cautious because I know things will change. At the moment I have been able to train these five days. That is progress and it has brought me back three years later. Back to Wimbledon, I am excited. It’s a matter of accepting it every day, but giving yourself a chance to compete.”

The Spaniard has not been on Wimbledon grass since reaching the semi-finals in 2019 (l. of Roger Federer). “I haven’t played on grass for three years and you have to be patient to improve. So, I improve every day and I have a week to train in London before I play. I hope I can use it to be competitive.”

“It is true that playing well at the French Open gives you confidence, but the grass is a very difficult field. Every round is complicated. The start of the game is crucial for me because if you can progress, the opponents will too.” It gets more difficult, but you have more confidence because you find your rhythm on the grass,” he explained.

Despite Nadal’s cautious approach, the bigger picture revealed a new challenge for the Spaniard. After winning the Australian Open and French Open this season, he is looking to win the first three Grand Slams of the season for the first time in his career.

“On the men’s tour, no one has completed a Grand Slam since Rod Laver,” Nadal noted. “Novak Djokovic came closest last year. It’s hard to think about if you rarely do it, especially at 36 years old.”

Here is Rafael Nadal’s outfit at Wimbledon 2022 (PICS)

Record-breaking 22-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal has confirmed his intention to play at Wimbledon 2022, and his gear for his third Grand Slam of the season has been unveiled. Nadal, who turned 36 earlier this month, took narcotics and painkillers at the French Open for two weeks to numb the pain in his feet. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets from our website.

Rafael Nadal has confirmed his intention to play at Wimbledon 2022
Rafael Nadal has confirmed his intention to play at Wimbledon 2022

After winning the French Open, Nadal returned to Spain for a foot treatment. Nearly two weeks later, Nadal is feeling better and ready to play at Wimbledon. Nadal will not play any ATP grass events until Wimbledon but has decided to play the Giorgio Armani Classic in Hurlingham.

On the Hurlingham show, Nadal plans to play two games. “Honestly, I’ve experienced some improvements and a different feeling on my feet. I think it’s a positive thing,” said Nadal at the Mallorca Country Club.

“I’m going to London next Monday, play two games before the game there and then follow my normal schedule to get the best possible preparation for Wimbledon. That’s all I can say today.”

“I’m positive about that.”

Nadal starts Wimbledon 2022 preparations this week

On Monday, Nadal appeared on the grass for the first time this year. The podiatry and initial preparations for Wimbledon are going well as Nadal is now about to travel to London.

“I’m happy with the way I can practice here for a week. I’m excited to travel and try Wimbledon three years later,” said Nadal. “I was able to practice all week with a little extra workload.

“So I’m positive about that.”

Nadal will play at Wimbledon for the first time since 2019. In 2019, Nadal reached the Wimbledon semifinals before losing to Roger Federer. Nadal won these two majors of the season, and he is in the running for a calendar major.

Cori Gauff reveals the deciding factor in her choice of a Wimbledon 2022 mixed doubles partner

American tennis star Cori Gauff has revealed that she has received a number of mixed doubles offer at Wimbledon. But has yet to decide who will be her partner at Wimbledon. This week, Gauff took to Twitter to see if anyone would be interested in teaming up with her for Wimbledon’s mixed doubles. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets from our website.

American tennis star Cori Gauff has received a number of mixed doubles offer at Wimbledon
American tennis star Cori Gauff has received a number of mixed doubles offer at Wimbledon

Americans Jack Sock and Chris Eubanks responded to Gauff’s tweet and expressed interest in working with the 18-year-old. Gauff wants to have fun, as she revealed that she could choose her partner based on who she thinks she’s happiest with.

“I have a few options,” Gauff said. “I choose based on who I think I’m going to have fun with. Of course, you want to win and stuff. But I just want to have fun on the pitch because you only have the chance to play mixed doubles in a grand slam.”

Gauff: I don’t want to be rejected

Instead of asking someone to be her partner, Gauff came up with a tweet to see who would be interested in doubles with her. “The reason I put it on Twitter is that I honestly don’t know who to ask and I’m really scared of being rejected.

“I don’t want to ask someone and get rejected, so I just see who responds. It has been a success; I haven’t found a partner yet, but I have some options, and now I’m just trying to decide who,” Gauff said.

Gauff had a strong run at the French Open, where she reached the finals in both the women’s singles and women’s doubles. In her first Grand Slam final in singles, Gauff lost in straight sets to number 1 Iga Swiatek.

In the final of the French Open doubles, Gauff and Jessica Pegula lost three sets to the French Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic. Gauff is now hoping for a strong Wimbledon performance and the potential for her first Grand Slam title.

Eticketing.co is the best website to sell Wimbledon 2022 TicketsWimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets at our website. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel