Andy Murray doesn't think a shortage of ranking points will fail the Wimbledon 2022 arena

Andy Murray expects a “very strong field” at Wimbledon 2022 tennis this summer. But reiterates that he does not think the decision to remove the ranking points is a good move. The three-time Grand Slam champion spoke out after he started his grass game on Monday with a 6-2 6-1 first-round victory over Jurij Rodionov in the Surbiton Trophy. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets from our website.

Earlier this month, the ATP and WTA announced that Wimbledon would not offer ranking points. After the All England Club announced it would not allow Russian and Belarusian players to participate in the tournament due to the ongoing war in Ukraine.

Andy Murray expects a "very strong field" at Wimbledon this summer
Andy Murray expects a very strong field at Wimbledon this summer

Many players criticized the decision, while former world No. 1 Naomi Osaka suggested she could skip her third Grand Slam of the year. Murray sees a different approach.

“I have a very strong field of players and I believe Wimbledon 2022 tennis will continue,” said the 35-year-old.

“I think it’s not a good move for the ATP because they took the points, taking the points away if it doesn’t stop the players from playing and everyone still shows up. Don’t think it’s a great move measure.”

“Many players are frustrated and don’t want that to happen. I think most and most players. Especially the players I spoke to – think they deserve a response from the ATP.”

“Negotiate something that’s good for the future of the tour and my feeling is that it’s better to take action. I don’t know if that will mean getting a seat in future Grand slam discussions about rules or pricing, things like that “That hasn’t been the case lately.”

Murray believes the ATP’s position could be interpreted as supporting Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

But he said: “I don’t believe anyone in the ATP supports what’s going on in Ukraine. So, I don’t believe it. I think they’re doing their best to protect the players and that’s the decision they’ve made.”

“I can understand why they’re trying to do that, yes, I’ve talked to the ATP. I’ve talked to the players because I’m just trying to get a different opinion. Some players are fine with the decision, but I don’t know.” don’t think most of them are.

“I have spoken to some Russian players in Madrid and yes, you see, I feel for those players too.

“I like them, I’m friends with them and I don’t believe they support what’s going on. But I’m thankful it’s not easy for them to talk about it openly. So, I don’t believe the players are either part of it. It’s a tough one. “

Aside from the politics off the pitch. Murray excelled in his first game on grass since Denis Shapovalov’s departure from Wimbledon last July. Wimbledon 2022 tennis fans can buy Wimbledon Final Tickets from our website.

Murray believes the ATP's position could be interpreted as supporting Russia
Murray believes the ATP’s position could be interpreted as supporting Russia

The Scot, currently 67th, will play in Stuttgart next week and later in June. At the Queen’s Club before his SW19 campaign begins.

A string of good results could propel Murray into the All England club’s seed. Especially given the absence of Russians like world number two Daniil Medvedev, whose ambitions remain high.

“I don’t know how many games I have to win. But if I do well at Queen or next week, I have a good chance of being seeded,” he said.

“I have high prospects and high goals and ambitions for myself. When I talk a lot with my team, I don’t share them here. So, I don’t think too much should be expected of me, but I’ve trained hard.”

“I’m well prepared, my body feels good. I feel best on the grass. I prepared as best I could.

“In a few weeks we will know what the result will be, but what I have control over is not the results and performance at Wimbledon. But my preparation, my attitude on the pitch and my commitment.”

“I can guarantee that I will commit myself to this one hundred per cent and give myself the best chance of a good result.”

Andy Murray wants to be in the Wimbledon super team with Emma Raducanu, but exciting plans can be blocked

Andy Murray wants to form a Championship Mixed Doubles competition with Emma Raducanu at Wimbledon 2022 tennis but admits their singles will be a priority and could thwart the idea. Raducanu announced this week that she “loves to play doubles with Andy Murray at Wimbledon” something the Scot full deal. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets from our website.

Raducanu announced this week that she loves to play doubles with Andy Murray at Wimbledon
Raducanu announced this week that she loves to play doubles with Andy Murray at Wimbledon

Murray’s narrow view is focused on the late stages of singles at Wimbledon. But he admits that a link with Raducanu in mixed doubles was discussed last year. Something he hopes will happen one day. He revealed: “Last year we talked about it, but in the end, we both did well in singles.

“I’d love to play with Emma someday. I’m sure we’ll all focus on getting good results in singles. But yes, I’d love to.” Meanwhile, Murray insists he will be playing in singles this year. With “high hopes and high goals” on the turf, he hopes to improve his world rankings to plant the seeds. When he returns to the strawberry fields at SW19 next month.

A double appearance from two-time Wimbledon champion and U.S. Open Queen Raducanu will be the ultimate crowd-pleaser. But when he kicked off his lawn season in the Surbiton Trophy, comfortably beat Austrian left-handed Jirij Rodionov 6-2 6-1 in 57 minutes. Lordship of Dunblane looked in order in the opening seconds.

Whether it’s next week in Stuttgart or mid-June at Queen’s. He’ll need to perform well to move from number 67 to first place at Wimbledon, needing an early game against Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal’s possible hospital pass to avoid a round.

On a breezy afternoon at Surbiton’s racket and fitness club. He played with the urgency of a man eager to get back into the top 30. He said: “I have high hopes for myself, high goals for the coming weeks and I will regularly discuss my team. Wimbledon 2022 tennis fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets from our website.

“I’m not going to share them now, but I’ve been training hard, I feel like the grass is my best surface and I’ve prepared as best I could. I have no control over my results or performance at Wimbledon right now. But I can control my attitude on the pitch and I can guarantee that I will try 100 per cent to get a good result.”

Murray insists he will be playing in singles this year
Murray insists he will be playing in singles this year

Surbiton is best known to audiences of a certain age for a scene from the 1970s sitcom ‘The Good Life’ in which Richard Briers and Felicity Kendal broke up with a fierce rivalry to convert a four-bedroom detached house on a suburban farm. Murray could never have turned the real surface here into a vegetable garden, or let a goat named Geraldine graze in the field outside.

But his game worked well, with more than 300 spectators, including Chelsea footballer Ruben Loftus-Cheek, applauding his short performance against world champion 127 Rodionov. Muzza, who previously posted a photo of himself dressed as a dragon on social media to entertain his kids, also reserved some firepower for the ATP Tour chief. Who has since banned Russian players from the All England Club over the war in Ukraine? Wimbledon ranking points.

He said: “I don’t know how many matches I need to win to qualify for Wimbledon, but it will be good – and it’s good. I think if I do well next week or in Queens that will give me a chance.”

But who knows what the seeding will look like? Wimbledon can do whatever they want, now the ATP has taken the points!

“I’ve talked to some Russian players in Madrid and I have sympathy for them. I don’t believe they support what’s happening in Ukraine. But I’m grateful it’s not easy for them to talk about it openly.”

Eticketing.co is the best website to sell Wimbledon 2022 TicketsWimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets at our website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel