Skip to main content

Mats Wilander weighs up on Iga Swiatek's shocking Wimbledon 2022 exit

Former seven-time Grand Slam champion Mats Wilander has said he thinks it’s possible Iga Swiatek won’t win Wimbledon, but he doesn’t think the Pole will lose to Alize Cornet. Swiatek’s stunning run of 37 wins ended on Saturday after Cornet lost to her 6-4 6-2. The cornet puts a lot of the ball back into play, but it’s not that heavy. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets from our website.

Iga Swiatek set a new record for most consecutive wins in the 21st century after beating Jana Fett in the first round at Wimbledon.

“I was a bit shocked, Wilander told Eurosport. “I don’t think there’s any chance she won’t win Wimbledon, but I don’t think the type of opponent she’ll be fighting is someone like Alize Cornet.”

Mats Wilander has said he thinks it's possible Iga Swiatek won't win Wimbledon
Mats Wilander has said he thinks it’s possible Iga Swiatek won’t win Wimbledon

I think at least it depends on the fighting spirit of the cornets. But you also have to put yourself in the mindset of Iga. She is getting closer and closer to losing every game she plays.

Let’s say before she’s probably going to thank God and think, ‘Get me out of here. “So sad, it’s a big moment. Now I don’t want to play tennis anymore and she has now won 37 matches with Martina Hingis.”

Swiatek hopes to discover grass in the future

Even before Wimbledon, Iga Swiatek hinted that she wouldn’t put herself under too much pressure at the All England Club. When Swiatek arrived at Wimbledon, she admitted that the grass was a surface she had yet to figure out.

Iga Swiatek didn’t get very far at Wimbledon, but that doesn’t change the fact that she is definitely the most dominant player in 2022. Swiatek is the new face of the women’s game and she can certainly take on grass and become the future fastest force on the tennis court. Swiatek hasn’t lost any money for five straight months, which is a pretty decent stat.

Tatjana Maria responds to shocking Jelena Ostapenko’s first Wimbledon 2022 quarterfinal appearance

Tatjana Maria, 34, defeated Jelena Ostapenko in the round of 16 at Wimbledon and made tennis history as she is now the oldest woman to make her Wimbledon quarterfinal debut in the Open era. With her back to the wall, Maria was knocked out, but somehow she was able to make a stunning comeback, beating 12th seed Ostapenko 5-7 7-5 7-5. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Final Tickets from our website.

Tatjana Maria defeated Jelena Ostapenko in the round of 16 at Wimbledon
Tatjana Maria defeated Jelena Ostapenko in the round of 16 at Wimbledon

Ostapenko led by one set and rested before Maria rushed back to win by three sets. In the 10th game of the second set, Maria retained two match points in a row and then won two games in a row to force the tiebreak.

Ostapenko started the second set with an early break and a 2-0 lead. But Maria recovered and secured a stunning comeback victory. In July 2021, Maria returned to tennis after her second maternity leave.

Maria after the spectacular Ostapenko

“People have always believed I could do it.

“I mean, that’s why I came back after the first. That’s why I came back after the second. If not, if I didn’t believe I could do these things, I wouldn’t be here. So there’s always that faith to keep going, keep improving and finally do my best,” Maria explains on the WTA website.

“It’s also very hard work. Let’s just say it doesn’t come out of nowhere. We’re on the sidelines every day. We’re working on it. Yes, like I said, we’re working on improvement. Now have it yourself. This feeling, well, I can do it, I can go.”

Sometimes little things can change the whole game. That’s really a small part. “Maria will now most likely reach her first Wimbledon semi-final as she will play against compatriot Jule Niemeier. Niemeier also had a great Wimbledon, the two Germans. It will be interesting to see who will make it to the semi-finals.

Ajla Tomljanovic reveals funny Wimbledon 2022 issue after beating Barbora Krejcikova

Ajla Tomljanovic, who took a big win against Barbora Krejcikova, said after the match that she came to Wimbledon believing she could play well and had the potential to do well. Number 44 Tomljanovic had a slow start against Krejcikova but then defeated the number 13 in three sets with 2-6 6-4 6-3. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets from our website.

Ajla Tomljanovic reveals funny Wimbledon 2022 issue
Ajla Tomljanovic reveals funny Wimbledon 2022 issue

Tomljanovic, 29, reached her first Grand Slam quarterfinal at Wimbledon 12 months ago. Now Tomljanovic has reached the round of 16 at Wimbledon, proving that her performance at Wimbledon last year was no fluke.

“Come in, you’re not seeding, so you don’t know what’s going to happen. Even if you are, it’s a grand slam. There are always problems. I don’t know how I’m in shape, but I know that I can play tennis well, but when I do it, it feels really good. It just confirmed that I could indeed belong here,” Tomljanovic said after the win.

Tomljanovic on booking problems

The Tomljanovic team had apparently only booked the house for a week and the Aussies had to rebook after the last 16 arrived at Wimbledon.

“I was like (to my dad) ‘Do you think I’m going to lose the second round?’ In any case, I’ve booked until Sunday, so that’s a good question, I’m not happy to be in the third round and then move.”

The problem is that it’s hard to find things. London is overcrowded and I don’t want to linger for more than an hour. He was very – he couldn’t take it,” Tomljanovic revealed. “When I finished today, he said, ‘Oh, I have to book again.’ I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? “It’s not him” isn’t a joke, but he managed to book the same thing anyway.

Hotel, so maybe I won’t have a room until Tuesday. “Tomljanovic will play the next Alize Cornet, which upset Iga Swiatek. Cornet was a very favourable round of 16 and Tomljanovic will definitely get the job done and get back on the pitch – back to the Wimbledon quarter-finals.

David Goffin responds to beating Francis Tiafoe in absolute Wimbledon 2022 Thriller

Former No. 7 in the world, David Goffin, said staying mentally fit during the match was key to his victory over Frances Tiafoe in the thriller. On Sunday, Goffin defeated Tiafoe 7-6 (3) 5-7 5-7 6-4 7-5 after four and a half hours. Wimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon Tickets from our website.

David Goffin responds to beating Francis Tiafoe in absolute Wimbledon 2022
David Goffin responds to beating Francis Tiafoe in absolute Wimbledon 2022

“It was a great fight and I had to keep my spirits up throughout the tournament,” Goffin said after the win, according to the ATP website. “I had a nervous breakdown right after the match point because I had to stay awake to keep my serve and fight back after losing the third set.”

It’s a tough process. The atmosphere on the pitch was great and it was another epic match against Francis. So I’m happy to be back in the quarter-finals.

Goffin defeats Tiafoe in a thriller

After losing the third set, Goffin led easily 5-1 in the fourth.

Just as the fourth set appeared to be over. Tiafoe broke the serve twice in a row to narrow the deficit to 5-4. Goffin failed to serve twice in the fourth set but then broke Tiafoe in the 10th game when the American served in the fourth set.

In the fifth set, there was no break point until the 11th game. Goffin saved two consecutive break points and led to a 6-5 lead. After saving two break points in a row, Goffin Tiafoe broke in the 12th – when the American served to stay in the game.

“It makes a lot of sense,” Goffin said. “Last year was a very tough year for me, with some injuries. Some difficult moments on the pitch, but this year I came back stronger. It took a lot of work to get back to my best level.”

I haven’t played a single match in a tournament since 2019, so it’s incredible to come back this year and play again in the location I love, in the game I love, to win four more games Goffin played Cameron Norrie in the Wimbledon quarter-finals.

Eticketing.co is the best website to sell Wimbledon 2022 TicketsWimbledon 2022 fans can buy Wimbledon 2022 Tickets at our website. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France Olympic: Opeyori's Discuss about his Badminton career and aiming for Paris 2024

Grassroots Development and Cultural Exchange at Rugby World Cup 2023

Cricket World Cup Fever: England vs. New Zealand - A Pivotal Prequel